Saturday, July 25, 2009

where to start?

I don't even know where to start. It's been forever since I've posted anything. And now I have blogger guilt. I kick myself because I know I'll regret not writing down things that Jadeyn has done. These little moments are too precious to just forget about. Right now, I'm waiting for Jimmy to get home from high school beach camp. He was in Florida all last week and we are ready to have him home!! It was really cute today because after Jadeyn got up from a nap, I called him and he talked to her on the phone. She was really squirmy but when she heard his voice, she literally stopped moving and turned her head to the phone and just looked up towards the ceiling! I think she might have recognized his voice! And then when I took the phone away, she grinned for a solid 20 or so seconds!

With Jimmy away, we went to Grand Lake for the week and stayed in my grandma's RV. We had a great time with my parents, Monica and Maegan and JR. It was a little too cold to swim, but she had fun going on lots of stroller rides, taking a short hike (which in retrospect, was pretty dangerous, but we survived), played miniature golf, jokers bingo, and just had lots of cuddle time with a variety of people. My aunt Judy and uncle Don came down Wed. night and she blessed them with multiple smiles! My camera died that week and I forgot a tape for our video camera, so unfortunately I don't have many pictures, but we had a blast! She made us all laugh with her newfound laugh and is learning to grasp things and bring them to her mouth - particularly my finger. We think she may have developed her first ear infection, but we got some ear drops and seems to be doing much better.

Here's a picture of Monica, Maegan, JR and my dad playing some jokers bingo! Maegan and my dad won $1.20 and I won 5 different times throughout the week for a total of $6.90!!


1 comment:

  1. I wondered where you guys were!! We missed you! Glad you all had fun--and I'm loving all of the posts!!

    ReplyDelete