Thursday, January 15, 2009

pregnancy...what a WEIRD experience!

So, pregnancy is definitely weird. I mean, it's really exciting and fun, but I don't know if I'd believe the person that said pregnancy is totally normal. First off, I think I'm a late bloomer on a lot of the symptoms of pregnancy, at least according to the web sites out there. I've read that morning sickness should be finished up by around week 12-13. I read that um, certain body parts are supposed to enhance around week 10, I read that you will have to go to the bathroom A LOT starting at week 8. I have heard that most women start showing around week 14. I read that you're supposed to "glow" b/c of the hormonal changes - whatever that means. Also that you're supposed to get really moody and crazy, pretty much all the time, I think. So...what's wrong with me? Here's how my pregnancy has gone so far.

Was miserably sick everyday until week 20.
Body changes - week 22
Bathroom frequency - week 24
Belly showing - week 24
Glowing?? no
Moody and crazy personality? I guess it would be only fair to ask Jimmy, but I think I've been very mild-tempered! i would bet that even the craziest pregnant people would say the exact same thing though!

Anyway, that's just a few things I've noticed about being pregnant. And I am kinda bummed to admit I have not had any weird cravings. I was really looking forward to relishing in the fact that I could eat the weirdest combo's of food and it totally be ok. Nope, only grilled cheese sandwiches and baked potatoes call my name!

Here's a few pregnancy pics to show the belly progression. This is week 16, 19, 24 and 26, in order!









2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the belly pics!! I'm also loving the fact that you started a blog! Woohoo! I feel like I haven't seen you forever--how sad, when I live next door! I'm sure I'll be seeing you a lot after your precious baby girl gets here...can't wait!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog! It's really cute.

    ReplyDelete