Wednesday, January 21, 2009

prone to sickness?

Are pregnant people more susceptible to getting sick more so than non-preggos? I have no idea if that's fact or not, but I'll tell you - I have been sick with a sinus infection since last monday - almost 1 1/2 weeks! and i have not come close to improving. it's pretty miserable and although i have nothing to post about, i feel like since i just started this blog, i should work on posting something, anything! at least every week.

on some other quinn happenings, jimmy is back in full work mode after the holidays preparing for this spring semester. we're about to start back our college small groups next week actually. he's found a really cool study that i think/hope will be great for our students. we'll be studying the "one anothers" of the bible and really trying to live them out. commands like "love one another" "serve one another" "pray for one another" "honor one another".

we've also entered into the big debate on bedding for the nursery. we're down to two options. all you readers out there (ha!) post your thoughts on which bedding we should go with in the comments section under this post. to the family if you don't have an account for a blog. you can still post a comment by selecting post by "open id". just type your name. the first option is green, cream and brown and has bunnies on it. it's really soft and is great for boy or girl. the second option is green, cream, brown and pink (since we are having a girl) with a lot of different designs like polka dots, stripes and a few flowers. the only pink we would use in the room would be in the bedding and the rest of the room decor would be greens and creams! good luck helping us choose! we are at a complete loss!

9 comments:

  1. Two things...yes to your first question. I just asked my dr about the massive amount of sinus drainage I've had, and of course she said, "it's normal." She told me to take some mucinex because it is totally safe during pregnancy...ask your dr.

    Second thing, I am a big fan of the green and cream. One, because we have picked out green and brown, and two because you can use it again with future babies because it is gender neutral. If you have a boy next time, the pink would probably not work! Just my two cents! Good luck with deciding...it's kind of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one with pink...of course, after having only one girl and two boys, I love having a little bit of pink in my house! I think they're both really nice....can't wait to see the nursery!
    Sorry about your sinus infection!! I always used tylenol allergy/sinus medicine..and it helped. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mom doesnt know how to post so i'm doing this to show her

    erik.

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, now I'm trying.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. what I really wanted to say was I like the pink, green and cream bedding. The other is cute, too, though.

    Also, how is the name search going???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being the conservative that I am, I say #2. I agree w/ Steph. You can use it in the future if you have a boy the next time. Have fun. Looking forward to the name announcement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i would of picked the pink cause it is may favorite color, but it would not go with the room. I have to say that the 1st one would be better cause it matches the room and cause if you have another baby, it could be a boy so i would go with the bunnies, cause they are cute Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the one with the pink! But both are adorable!

    ReplyDelete